Camtasia Relay & ScreenCast.com< Back
Camtasia Relay is an easy to use lecture capture software similar to Jing, but without the time restrictions. Screencast.com is the site where all the Camtasia Relay recordings will be uploaded when they are finished. You can view and share recordings you have made from that site.
ScreenCast Tutorial Below
1) Go to byui01.camtasiarelay.com and log in using your password. To obtain an account, please contact the Faculty Technology Center.
2) Once you are in your homepage will look like this.
3) You can download the local recorder by clicking on the download button and selecting the recorder for your operating system. You will use this program to record your lectures. (To have this software installed on a campus computer, please contact the Help Desk, x9000)
4) Once the recorder is downloaded and installed, open the application and log in using your credentials.
5) Once you have logged in to the recorder, you can adjust the settings as needed. Once everything looks correct, you can start a recording by clicking the record button.
6) The recorder can be paused to continue later or stopped to finish the recording.
7) After you have finished recording you can trim the ends of the recording and submit it to be uploaded to screencast.com
1) Go to screencast.com and log in using your username and password.
2) Once you are logged in your homepage will look like this.
3) You will be able to access your recordings to view and download them as you need.