- I-Learn Training
- I-Learn Course Setup
- Technology Tutorials
- Request New I-Learn Course
- Streaming Video
- Adobe Connect Meeting
|How do I take my Final or Midterm test if I am off-campus?|
|The computer will not let me login to I-Learn. How come?|
|How and when do I access my online class?|
|Do I need a textbook for an online class?|
|How do I get my books for online classes?|
|How long do I have to complete an online class?|
|How do I register for online classes?|
|Can I take online courses if I am not living in Rexburg?|
|I am on the Fall/Spring or Winter/Spring track. Can I take online classes during the off semesters?|
|Can I take my Online Final test or Midterm test from off-campus?|
|When are my assignments due?|
|How do I add or drop an online class?|
|How do I install the information on my course CD?|
|How do I get the CD-ROM that comes with the course?|
|What do I do if I've lost my password?|
|I'm using AOL and I can't get anywhere in the course. How come?|
|The computer will not let me login to I-Learn. How come?
I-Learn uses the campus network login. The login username and password for I-Learn are the same as you use to access student e-mail and to login to campus computers.
If the program continues to deny you access to I-Learn, call 496-2361 or 496-1200 or e-mail email@example.com.
|How and when do I access my online class?
-The class schedule shows all online classes as having an arranged time and location, or just "web." Unless specifically arranged by your instructor, there will be no classroom meetings. Access course materials by:
1) Going to the BYU-Idaho homepage - (http://www.byui.edu)
2) Click "Online Courses"
3) Click "Getting Started with your Online Course" - review the information there
4) Click the "Login" button
After entering in your username and password you will see the name of the online class or classes you are registered for. Click on the name of the course to get into it.
All online classes will be available the first day of the semester you are registered for. Classes will not be available before that day, unless other arrangements are made with the instructor.
|Do I need a textbook for a full online class?
How do I get my books for online classes?
- Most, but not all courses use a textbook. See the "Getting Started" information about your course to see if you need a textbook and/or CD-ROM with the course.
The textbook can be purchased through the BYU-Idaho Bookstore (496-2211) just like you purchase textbooks for your other classes. The CD-ROM must be purchased at the Department of Instructional Technology (McKay Library 321 - 496-1200).
Hours 8 am - 5 pm. The CDs are not available at the bookstore.
|How long do I have to complete an online class?
- BYU-Idaho online classes are aligned with semesters. You have until the end of the semester to complete the work. Most courses have due dates for assignments.
|How do I register for online classes?
- Register for online classes the same way you register for classroom classes. You can identify an online class because it will have a section number 801 or 802, etc.. Online classes offered through Continuing Education will have a section number 920.
|Can I take online courses if I am not living in Rexburg?
- As long as you are admitted as a student for the current semester, you can sign up for an online course. If you are not admitted for the current semester, there are a number of online courses that you can take through Continuing Education (call 496-1040). Unless noted in the class schedule, residency for online courses is not required.
|I am on the Fall/Spring or Winter/Spring program. Can I take online classes during the off semesters?
- Since you are technically not admitted during your "off" semester, you cannot sign up for courses. However, you can sign up for the online courses offered through Continuing Education (496-1040).
|Can I take my Online Final test or Midterm test from off-campus?
You can take the Midterm or Final test from off-campus if you arrange for an approved person to administer and proctor the test. For more information, click here. (http://www.byui.edu/insttech/proctorform.htm)
|When are my assignments due?
Assignments are typically due at 12:00 Noon on the date indicated in your syllabus. Some courses may be different than this, see your course syllabus to see if this is the case.
|How do I add or drop an online class?
- The process for adding and dropping online classes is exactly the same as adding and dropping regular classroom classes.
|How do I install the information on my course CD?
- There is no need to install anything from the course CD. The only contents of the CD are video, audio, and occasionally text clips that go along with the course. You just have to put the CD into the CD-ROM drive and go through the course on the Internet. Whenever there is a video or audio button in the course, you can click it to view the video or listen to the audio. These are coming off of the CD.
|How do I get the CD-ROM that comes with the course?
- The course CD-ROM can be purchased at the Department of Instructional Technology (McKay Library 321). Hours 8 am - 5 pm. They are not available at the bookstore.
|What do I do if I've lost my password?
You can reset your own password by going to http://my.byui.edu.
You can also contact the Computer Help Desk.
|I'm using AOL and I can't get anywhere in the course. How come?
Download and install Internet Explorer 5 or later, Firefox 2 or later, or Safari 3 or later and use the new browser to surf the internet (connect to AOL, minimize it, and manually open the other browser and use it to access our courses). Some versions of AOL are capable of handling our courses; other versions are too old to do so.