|The following instructions will get you started using the Web editor.
- Access the Web editor by entering webtools.byui.edu into your Web browser address bar. If you are using a Mac instead of a PC, you must use the Firefox browser. The Web editor may be used on or off campus.
- Click on the "Web Editor" link.
- When prompted, enter your NetID and password.
- Select a section to edit by clicking on the "Edit" button to the right of the section name.
- You can identify and become familiar with the various commands on the toolbar by hovering over the icons with your mouse. A Help function, identified by a question mark, is located at the right end of the toolbar. The Help file contains an FAQ and a toolbar legend.
- You will first be prompted to edit your contacts page. You will continue to be reminded to complete the contact page until you have done so. Simply delete all the filler data and replace it with your contact information and save the page.
- To create a new Web page click on the first icon on the toolbar.
- A new window appears displaying a gallery of 15 templates divided into three categories: Home Page, Left Navigation, and Content Heavy templates. The first page in a new Web site should be a Home Page template. After selecting a template by clicking on it, you must enter default.htm as the file name and click on the "Create" button.
- From this point it is simply a matter of filling in the blanks with the information you want on the page. Be sure to save the page when completed, and then view your work in another browser window.
- Remember, only pages created in the editor can be edited in the editor. If you are converting an old site to the templates, you can often copy and paste from the old pages to the new templates.
- We hope you have an enjoyable experience with the editor. To insure your success you can get help with your editor questions by contacting the Department of Academic Technology in the McKay Library at 496-1200.
- Additional information can be found at: http://www.byui.edu/webdev/