|CLASS CODE:||HFED 150||CREDITS: 2||FEE: $20.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||HOME & FAMILY EDUCATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - no GECode requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||Students rotate on a five-week basis in areas covering food preparation, basic sewing and home and money management skills. Emphasis is on practical, hands-on learning experiences.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Students rotate on a five-week basis in areas covering food preparation, basic sewing and home and money management skills. Emphasis is on practical, hands-on learning experiences.|
|TOPICS:||Proclamation on the Family; Personality Profile; Values, Goals, Standards; Communication; Teaching Children; Interior Design; Home Organization/Filing; Traditions; Decision-making/Happiness; Clothing Care/Repair; Pillowcases; Hot Bath Jelly; Gardening; Emergency/Food Storage; Yeast Breads; Pressure Canning Soup; Recreation; Financial Management; Nutrition; Meal Planning; Food/Meat Buying; Pies; Guest Meals|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Apply basic nutrition principles in planning balanced meals.
2. Demonstrate correct procedures for sanitation and safe food handling.
3. Prepare foods using appropriate food preparation techniqes.
4. Use correct terminology and equipment procedures in producing sewn articles.
5. Implement solutions for altering and repairing apparel clothing.
6. Demonstrate proper construction techniques.
7. Evaluate fundamental concepts of management as a foundation for application in their lives.
8. Analyze current management practices.
9. Recognize the effectiveness of successful management techniques for individuals and families.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Quizzes; Projects on Floor Plan, Clothing Repair, Pillowcase, Quick Bread, Yeast Bread, Jelly, Soup, Financial Plan, Pie Evaluation, Guest Meal Evaluation; Journaling; Final Exam|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2002|