|Presentation II: Drawing and Rendering|
|CLASS CODE:||ID 137||CREDITS: 2||FEE: $10.00|
|DIVISION:||PERFORMING AND VISUAL ARTS|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||Fundamentals of color rendering of interiors, exterior drawings and floor plans.|
|DESCRIPTION:||ID 137 introduces the design student to rendering techniques as they pertain to the interior design process. This course builds on the skills learned in ID 136 by adding the skill of rendering with markers and colored pencils. This course will demonstrate the use of value and color in enhancing the communication value of perspectives. This course will continue to reinforce the use and understanding of the basic elements and principles of design. Lab Fee: $5|
|TOPICS:||1. Elements of Light and Shadow.
2. Drawing and rendering the following: Interior Spaces; Plants Interior and Exterior; Surface Textures, Brick, Wood, Stone, etc., Cloth and Pattern.
|OBJECTIVES:||The student will:
1. Demonstrate the understanding of parts of light and shadow and how they are different on boxes, cylinders and spheres.
2. Interpret plants and textures with marker and prisma colored pencils.
3. Show developing skills in form interpretation by using traditional representational drawing.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Assignments, quizzes, and tests will be given to enhance the above topics.
2. The course will require completing a sketchbook outside of class.
3. Two completed renderings--one interior--one exterior.
|PREREQUISITES:||(Majors Only) ID 101, ID 136, ARCH 100, ARCH 102|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|