|Presentation III: Visual Communication|
|CLASS CODE:||ID 238||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||PERFORMING AND VISUAL ARTS|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||A course to assist the student in honing their visual thinking and communication skills.|
|DESCRIPTION:||ID 238 is designed to help the design student improve and master quick sketching and drawing to enhance the design process. Emphasis is especially focused on communicating scale and proportion. To accomplish this, the human figure and proportions will be used as the measuring unit.|
|TOPICS:||Visualizing and controlling perspective lines freehand; Drawing people - Proportions, Faces and features, Using a scrap file; Kirby Lockhart method; Quick sketching and rendering.|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Develop and demonstrate hand/eye coordination skills for free hand drawing.
2. Demonstrate an increase of speed accuracy in a completed onsite drawing.
3. Demonstrate an increase of speed accuracy in a completed drawing from floor and elevation plans.
4. Demonstrate sensitivity to scale, proportion volume and space and detail in drawing.
5. Demonstrate sensitivity to scale by including representations of people in the drawing space.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. On site timed drawing.
2. Two completed sketchbooks one dedicated to drawing people.
3. One major drawing from a photo.
4. One major drawing floor and elevation plans.
|PREREQUISITES:||(Majors Only) ID 102, ID 137, ARCH 160|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|