|Presentation IV: Media and Technique|
|CLASS CODE:||ID 239||CREDITS: 2||FEE: $10.00|
|DIVISION:||PERFORMING AND VISUAL ARTS|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||A course to facilitate individual skills in rendering with speed and proficiency.|
|DESCRIPTION:||ID 239 is designed to give the design student an introduction and experience in rendering with different mediums. Using the vehicle of painting, the design student will enhance the use of the elements and principles of design. Special attention will be placed on controlling color and value to enhance a focal point.|
|TOPICS:||1. Painting and rendering in the following mediums.
2. Colored pencil/pastel; Transparent watercolor; Opaque watercolor.
3. Use the following surfaces: Watercolor paper smooth and rough; Illustation board; Toned paper
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Develop and demonstrate control over the following painting and rendering mediums and painting surfaces, prisma color pencils, transparent watercolor, opaque watercolor, watercolor paper, illustration board and toned paper.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of value and color temperature and its effect on depth perception.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. One completed sketchbook.
2. A completed rendering in each of the above mediums.
3. One major capstone project rendering using the students personal choice of mediums.
|PREREQUISITES:||(Majors Only) ID 238|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|