|Beg Med/Surg (ASN)|
|CLASS CODE:||NURS 101||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - no GECode requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||This block course applies the nursing process, using the Conceptual Framework as a guide, to the nursing assessment, care, and common disease processes of aging individuals.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This block course applies the nursing process, using the Conceptual Framework as a guide, to the nursing assessment, care, and common disease processes of aging individuals.|
|OBJECTIVES:||Nurse Agency (Stewardship, laws and opposites, caring relationships, human functionality, professionalism and knowledge, incorporating critical thinking, the health continuum, environment, patient agency, and the nursing process)
1. Identify societal changes and demands in regards to the aging population.
2. Recognize the common stereotypes and myths regarding aging.
3. Describe the physical and psychosocial care for a terminally ill patient.
Patient Agency (Stewarship, Laws and Opposites, Caring Relationships, Functionality, kowledge, Incorporating Critical Thinking, Health Continuum, Environment, Nurse Agency, and the Nursing Process):
1. Recognize the stages of emotional response to approaching death or loss.
2. Assess the normal physiological and functional changes, developmental tasks and areas of potential self-care limitations of the elderly.
Nursing Process (Assessment, Diagnoses, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation, Incorporating Critical Thinking, Health Continuum, Environme
|PREREQUISITES:||Prerequisites: NURS 100 and NURS 100A
|OTHER:||Lab fee: $5
NCLEX Review Fee: $30
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|