|Specialty Nurs (ASN)|
|CLASS CODE:||NURS 203||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - no GECode requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||This block course focuses on the application of the nursing process, using the Conceptual Framework as a guide, in the specialized caring for the well infant, child and adolescent, the high-risk infant, and the ill child and adolescent in hospital and community settings.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course focuses on the application of the nursing process, using the Conceptual Framework as a guide, in the specialized caring for the well infant, child and adolescent, the high-risk infant, and the ill child and adolescent in hospital and community settings.|
|OBJECTIVES:||Nurse Agency (Stewardship, laws and opposites, caring relationships, human functionality, professionalism and knowledge, incorporating critical thinking, the health continuum, environment, patient agency, and the nursing process)
1. Demonstrate progress in personal and professional stewardship goals by implementing courses of action to manage stressful situations and resolve value conflicts.
2. Develop and maintain caring relationships through communication, empathy, acceptance, confidentiality, and protecting patient's rights.
3. Identify, analyze, and evaluate aspects of the professional nurse role in the following clinical environments:
2)Acute pediatric and neonatal care
3)Outpatient and primary care
4)Clinical and school environments
4. Progres sin communication, leadership, and delegation skills.
5. Apply and teach principles of pharmacology and medication administration in nursing care of the pediatric patient/family.
6. Identify, analyze, and rela
|REQUIREMENTS:||The student is encouraged to participate in the learning process by reading assigned materials attending class lecture, viewing identified videos, completing assigned computer assisted learning programs, and participating in small group assignments and skill mastery labs. In class lecture, discussion, slides, video tapes, games, role play, chalkboard and overhead transparencies will be utilized.|
|PREREQUISITES:||NURS 100, NURS 100A, NURS 101, NURS 102, NURS 103, NURS 104|
|OTHER:||Lab fee: $5
NCLEX Review Fee: $30
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|