|Specialty Nurs (ASN)|
|CLASS CODE:||NURS 204||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - no GECode requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||This block course uses the Conceptual Framework to focus on professional accountability, legal issues, current trends, and educational opportunities for nurses.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course uses the Conceptual Framework to focus on professional accountability, legal issues, current trends, and educational opportunities for nurses.|
|OBJECTIVES:||Nurse Agency (Stewardship, laws and opposites, caring relationships, human functionality, professionalism and knowledge, incorporating critical thinking, the health continuum, environment, patient agency, and the nursing process)
1. Conform to legal, ethical, and professional standards as described by the Nursing Profession.
2. Use data relating to legal/ethical issues in the nursing process.
3. Identify appropriate lines of authority in resolving potential legal/ethical dilemmas in the nursing environment.
4. Relate the importance of developing a caring relationship to the prevention of malpractice suits by patients.
5. Discuss the legal and ethical implications of impaired practice due to chemical abuse.
6. Describe the purpose and functions of the American Nurses' Association and the National League for Nursing.
7. Describe the purpose and functions of the Student Nurse Association.
8. Describe opportunities of a BSN/MSN education.
9. Demonstrate ability to delegate resp
|OTHER:||Lab Fee: $5.00
NCLEX Review Fee: $30.00
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|