|CLASS CODE:||PE 330||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To analyze and study the mind and movement as it applies to sports.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This class will analyze and study the mind and movement as it applies to sports. It will include coaching philosophy, sport psychology, motivational technique, and an examination of different coaching styles. Students will learn how to plan effective practice schedules and other essential team procedures.|
|OBJECTIVES:||The student will learn:
1. To define sports psychology.
2. To discuss the questions researched in sports psychology.
3. How to focus on the mental aspects of sport performance.
4. How to deal with the behavior of athletes
5. To describe the preparation for entering this field.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Class will meet two days a week.
2. Written and practical testing.
3. Projects approved or assigned by instructor.
4. Attendance and participation.
|OTHER:||1. No unexcused absences allowed.
2. four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|