|CLASS CODE:||PE 100||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||A class to condition and sculpt body.|
|DESCRIPTION:||A two-hour per week physically demanding class including a wide variety of aerobic activities and body sculpturing. Activities are provided to tax both beginner and advanced student. High impact aerobics are combined with low impact aerobics resulting in a full body conditioning class.|
|OBJECTIVES:||To become more physically fit
1. Improve cardiovascular endurance
2. Develop better exercise and nutritional habits
3. Learn to incorporate exercise into your lifestyle and make it a lifetime commitment
4. Design and teach appropriate aerobic fitness class to peers
5. Learn your personal heart rate and resting heart rate
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Exhibit knowledge and skill of fundamentals of floor aerobics and good nutriton.
2. Exhibit ability to teach floor aerobics.
3. Attend class and participate.
4. Two day exercise outside class required.
5. BYU-I clothing required.
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
4. May be repeated one time for credit.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|