|CLASS CODE:||PE 110||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To introduce the student to the sport of fencing through experience with the French foil and introduction to the ‘Epee.'|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course teaches the basic beginning skills, technique, drills are used for offense and defense of fencing. Terms for foil are taught. Activity requires aerobic endurance and flexibility to execute the skills.|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Acquire a sense of self-control and self-discipline
2. Increase courage and dedication
3. Knowledge of physical conditioning through fencing
4. Knowledge of terms and muscles used
5. Improve flexibility of arms, legs, and back
6. Develop skills to teach fundamentals of fencing
7. Ability to organize a tournament
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Exhibit knowledge and skill of fundamentals, rules, and strategies of fencing.
2. Attend class and participate
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed
2. four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Failure grade is available with less than four absences.
4. May be repeated one time for credit.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|