|CLASS CODE:||PE 101||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||A type of exercise using resistance in water.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Aerobic fitness through use of resistance in the water. A variety of water fitness activities will be used. Water circuit training is one of the main activities. Heart rate measurements will be taken to determine the intensity of the workout.|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Knowledge of terms, basic muscles, and will be required to teach a segment of water aerobic workout.
2. The aerobic workouts will improve cardio-vascular endurance and develop better fitness habits.
3. Knowledge of weight control through exercise and proper nutrition.
4. Rehabilitation and improve flexibility of legs and back.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Exhibit knowledge and skill of fundamentals of water aerobics.
2. Exhibit ability to teach water aerobics.
3. Attend class and participate.
4. BYU-I clothing is required.
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed
2. Four absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
4. May be repeated one time for credit.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|