|CLASS CODE:||PE 117||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To teach basic skills, fundamentals, and techniques of beginning racquetball. Students must provide their own goggles.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This class is designed to teach the basic skills, fundamentals, and techniques required to play racquetball effectively. To develop a sufficient level of physical fitness and skill level in each participant to allow them to engage in the activity with proficiency.
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Understand knowledge and skill of fundamentals, rules, and strategies of the game of racquetball.
2. Become more physically fit to participate in more proficient manner
3. Improve cardiovascular development
4. Control emotions and temper by playing sport
6. Learn to deal with people, unite in a team effort, share responsibilities
7. Develop self-esteem and respect for others
8. Develop skills to teach serving, rebounds, strokes, and shots
9. Ability to organize a tournament
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Exhibit ability to organize a tournament
2. Exhibit knowledge and skill of fundamentals, rules and strategies of racquetball.
3. Attend class and participate.
4. BYU-I clothing is required.
5. Student will furnish and wear racquetball goggles.
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences alowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
4. May be repeated for one time for credit.
5. Students must provide their own goggles.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|