|CLASS CODE:||PE 121||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To teach students fundamentals and strategies of softball.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course is designed for the students to understand the games of fast and slow pitch softball and the rules and skills that are required to play and teach the game of softball.|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Be able to officially score a fast or slow pitch softball game
2. Develop a knowledge and understanding of strategy in both games
3. Develop skills to teach hitting, pitching, and base running
4. Ability to organize a tournament
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Develop the ability to organize and play the game of softball.
2. Exhibit knowledge and skill of fundamental rules and strategies of softball.
3. Attend class and participate.
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
4. May be repeated one time for credit.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|