|CLASS CODE:||PE 134||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To enhance tennis technique and skill with competitive work-outs.|
|DESCRIPTION:||To enhance tennis technique and skill with competitive work-outs. The class will be tennis instruction beyond intermediate tennis and drill with game and tournament play.|
1. Learn to play, score, and use strategy
2. Be able to exercise enough to get a cardiovascular work-out and to relieve stress
3. Be able to play competitive tennis.
4. Learn correct use of terminology, rules, safety practices and correct fundamentals of tennis
5. Increase ability to get along with others and to cooperate with classmates
6. Develop skills to teach ruiles, fundamentals, and strategies of tennis
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Play by rules and exhibit knowledge and skill of rules and fundamentals of advanced tennis
2. Ability to organize a tournament
3. Attend class and participate.
4. Be teachable and follow instructions.
|PREREQUISITES:||Must have played at intermediate level|
|OTHER:||1. Tennis racquet may be borrowed from University.
2. No locker fee for Summer and Fall Semesters. Locker fee charged for Winter Semester.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|