|CLASS CODE:||PE 127||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To teach strategies and fundamentals of advanced archery.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This class is designed to help student learn more advanced techniques in the sport of archery through hands-on application of using the bow and arrow through lecture, demonstration, and practice of archery skills.|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Exhibit fundamentals of safe archery.
2. Practice and improve archery skills
3. Learn to interact with other class members
4. Develop and exhibit a skill that can be used for a lifetime
5. Learn the history, rules and etiquette of archery
6. Abide by the rules and learn to be a more disciplined archer
7. Develop skills to teach fundamentals and rules of intermediate archery
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Exhibit knowledge and skill of beyond intermediate archery
2. Attend class and participate.
3. Students must purchase six arrows and a set of finger tabs; approximate cost per student is $30. Meet with instructor the first day of class before purchasing arrows.
|PREREQUISITES:||Previous archery experience and skills to advanced level.|
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
4. May be repeated one time for credit.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|