|CLASS CODE:||PE 140||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To provide skills and strategies for beginning basketball.|
|DESCRIPTION:||To provide an organized setting in which students can develop skills and strategies in the game of basketball and to give students a periodic opportunity to exercise aimed at cardiovascular development and to place them in an educational environment to develop social skills and interpersonal relationships.|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Development of increased fitness level
2. Learn knowledge and skills used in the game of basketball
3. Increase ability to get along with others and to cooperate with classmates in a unified goal of winning.
4. Develop skills to teach rules, fundamentals, and strategies of basketball
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Exhibit knowledge and skills of fundamental rules and strategies of beginning basketball
2. Ability to organize team.
3. Exhibit team effort.
4. Attend class and participate.
5. BYU-I clothing required.
6. Must be a beginning basketball student.
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
4. May be repeated one time for credit.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|