|CLASS CODE:||PE 141||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To exhibit skills of advanced basketball using teamwork. Class will consist of workouts.|
|DESCRIPTION:||To exhibit a knowledge of the game rules of playing basketball, improve skills of offensive and defensive basketball play oriented to both the individual and team to enable a student to participate in and enjoy a game of basketball.
|OBJECTIVES:||Each student will understand the rules of basketball and will be able to perform the skills of the game well enough to be able to participate on organized teams in intramurals or other.
1. Be united in a team effort to play unselfishly.
2. Develop skills to teach rules, fundamentals, and strategies of basketball
3. Develop a support group with common interests.
4. Knowledge of history, rules , etiquette and courtesy.
5. Develop new basketball skills.
6. Maintain good cardiovascular habits.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Exhibit knowledge and skill of playing basketball.
2. Ability to organize a basketball tournament
3. Exhibit team effort
4. Attend class and participate.
5. BYU-I clothing required.
|PREREQUISITES:||Competitive basketball or ability to play beyond intermediate level.|
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
4. May be repeated one time for credit.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|