|CLASS CODE:||PE 145||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||This class enables the more experienced volleyball student to refine skills.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This class is designed to help student play correct advanced levels of volleyball skills and provide an avenue of participation for the more experienced volleyball student.
|OBJECTIVES:||1. To help promote neuromuscular and physical fitness
2. Develop social interaction and teamwork skills.
3. Provide for emotional development through playing, learning to work through stress, controlling tempers, and staying under control in competition as students develop support groups with this common participation interest.
4. Develop spiritual strengths as students learn to respect and value their teammates.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Exhibit knowledge, strategies, and skill of playing volleyball.
2. Exhibit a knowledge of the rules, history, etiquette, courtesy, strategies, and terminology of volleyball.
3. Exhibit skill of offensive and defensive capability
4. Ability to organize a volleyball tournament.
5. Exhibit team effort
6. Attend class and participate.
8. BYU-I clothing required.
|PREREQUISITES:||1. Intermediate volleyball skills and knowledge.
2. Must have offensive and defensive knowledge and ability.
3. Must have played competitive volleyball
4. Be teachable and follow instructions.
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|