|CLASS CODE:||PE 147||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To provide a wide variety of skills and techniques of beginning soccer.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Soccer is on a block plan which meets four hours per week and includes a wide variety of skills, techniques, and fundamental knowledge necessary to play soccer effectively.
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Learn basic skills and correct fundamentals of soccer
2. Improve cardiovascular endurance
3. Develop levels of physical fitness and skill
5. Be united in a team effort
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Exhibit knowledge, strategies, and skill of playing soccer in a team setting
2. Ability to organize a soccer team
3. Exhibit team effort
4. Attend class and participate
5. Be a beginning soccer player
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences
4. May be repeated one time for credit.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|