|CLASS CODE:||PE 148||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To enable more advanced soccer students to understand and play the game at a higher tactical level.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course is for experienced players that have played competitive soccer and will be taught to understand the game at a higher tactical level.|
|OBJECTIVES:||The student will:
1. Learn team competition
2. Understand soccer at a team level.
3. Learn to interact with the other people on the team.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Exhibit knowledge, strategies, and skill of playing soccer in a team setting at a higher tactical level.
2. Ability to organize a soccer team.
3. Exhibit team effort by strategy and by following rules.
4. Attend class and participate.
5. Be teachable and follow instructions.
|PREREQUISITES:||1. Must be experienced soccer players.
2. Must have played competitive soccer.
|OTHER:||1. Class will play four hours a week for block class.
2. Two unexcused absences allowed.
3. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
4. Pass/Fail grade available with less than four absences.
5. May be repeated one time for credit.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|