|CLASS CODE:||PE 162||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To provide advanced swimmers to learn and swim at a more advanced level.|
|DESCRIPTION:||An advanced swimming class designed to instruct students beyond intermediate swimming skills and strokes. This class will consist mostly of work-outs.|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Reach for individual potential by improving knowledge and skill of swimming.
2. To gain a testimony of the divine origins and sacredness of our bodies.
3. Write a work-out of 2000 to 2500 yards to be used in class.
4. Teach outside of class at least two sessions.
5. Distance swimming
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Pass all requirments as outlined in the advanced course of the American Red Cross.
2. Show swimming proficiency in advanced skills
3. Do non-stop swimming with a variety of strokes
4. Pass a written exam
5. Teach outside of class at least two sessions.
6. Pass off dives such as pike, tuck, layout, reverse, inward, etc.
7. Projects approved by instructor.
8. BYU-I clothing required.
|PREREQUISITES:||Swim at an intermediate level.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|