|Evaluation and Administration|
|EVAL & ADM|
|CLASS CODE:||PE 350||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To familiarize student with a wide variety of administrative responsibilities with regard to physical education.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This is a lecture class designed to familiarize the student with a wide variety of administrative responsibilities with regard to budget, promotion, scheduling, cohesiveness within the coaching staff, problem solving, and a basic understanding of sports law and ethics. The student receives instruction in understanding the appropriate rules, etiquette, ethics, and skills for physical fitness activities and learns that physical activity provides opportunities for enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and social interaction.|
|OBJECTIVES:||This course offers the student an important opportunity to better appreciate the administration and ethical nature of the laws and order of physical education. The student will:
1. Describe the new settings for sport, fitness, and physical education.
2. Discuss both the possibilities and problems of current sport and fitness changes
3. Discuss definition of physical education
4. To analyze education through the physical and multi-activity programs.
5. To analyze the influences of liability and Title IX on physical education.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Lecture class meets three times a week
2. Written tests and quizes
3. Written paper(s) assigned or approved by instructor
4. Projects assigned or approved by instructor
5. Attendance, participation and preparation
6. Personal presentation(s) by students
|PREREQUISITES:||BIO 264 & 265 recommended|
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences will be allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|