|Assessment in Therapeutic Recreation|
|ASSESS IN TR|
|CLASS CODE:||RL 471||CREDITS: 3||FEE: $10|
|DIVISION:||BUSINESS & COMMUNICATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||Patient assessment, treatment plan development, and counseling procedures.|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Understand the professional development of therapeutic recreation services.
2. Understand the therapeutic recreation service model.
3. Understand and apply interdisciplinary theories employed in therapeutic recreation.
4. Demonstrate a basic understanding of reliability and validity of inferences made from psychometric assessments and the use of these inferences in identifying client needs and developing treatment plans.
5. Understand the use of observational techniques in assessing patient needs.
6. Understand the use of interviewing techniques in assessing patient needs.
7. Describe the process and procedures for developing specific programs.
8. Demonstrate the ability to document clients’ behaviors.
|PREREQUISITES:||RL370 preferred or instructors approval. Highly recommended prerequisite Math 221 Statistics|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2003|