|Program Dynamics in Therapeutic Recreation|
|PROG DYNA TR|
|CLASS CODE:||RL 472||CREDITS: 3||FEE: $10|
|DIVISION:||BUSINESS & COMMUNICATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||This course is designed to provide the therapeutic recreation student with practical exposure to a broad range of therapeutic techniques and to assist in gaining clinical skills and competencies needed to plan and implement programs for people with disabilities.|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Understanding the use of research findings in efficacy bsed programming.
2. Understanding and ability to develop a comprehensive therapeutic recreation program to include treatment oriented and leisure/recreation oriented activities programs.
3. Understanding concepts and standards related to individual program planning and therapeutic recreation.
4. Planning, implementation, and processing therapeutic activities.
5. Understanding of and ability to apply leisure education content and techniques to the recreation client.
6. Ability to apply activity and task analysis to various populations and settings.
7. Ability to implement a variety of individual and group facilitation techniques, including thereapeutic intervention, instruction, leadership, supervision and counseling techniques.
8. Understanding basic concepts of pharmacology and use of medications.
9. Ability to understand and write treatment protocols.
10. Understanding of drug actions, biotransformation and effects of central nervous system medications.
11. Understanding and ability to document individual progress toward established goals.
12. Understanding and ability to conduct assessment interviews using basic interview principles.
|PREREQUISITES:||RL 370 or instructor approval|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2003|