|CLASS CODE:||TA 126||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||PERFORMING AND VISUAL ARTS|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||Theory and practice of theatrical makeup.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Theory and practice of theatrical makeup.|
|TOPICS:||Theatrical makeup from straight/corrective and age makeup to special techniques including latex, nose putty and hair construction.|
|OBJECTIVES:||Learn and demonstrate expertise in the various categories and techniques of theatrical makeup.|
|REQUIREMENTS:||Quizzes, one major exam, and graded labs for each of the makeup categories. Students also gain experience by preparing other students for their roles in the department productions.|
|OTHER:||TA 126 is required for students with an emphasis in Theatre or Technical Theatre.
1. Ben Nye Stage Makeup Kit , available through Theatre Secretary in Snow 120 ($45.00 + $2.25 tax)
2. Grubby buttoned shirt to cover school clothes
3. Box of tissues
4. Bag(s) of wedge-shaped sponges
5. Cold cream or other cleansing cream, astringent (Baby Wipes).
6. Something to keep your hair out of your face.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 1981|