|Human Resource Management|
|HUMAN RES MGMT|
|CLASS CODE:||B 370||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||BUSINESS & COMMUNICATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||An overview of all facets of Human Resource including strategies and environment, diversity, Equal Employment Opportunity laws and the Americans with Disabilities Act; recruiting, selecting, training, and development; performance appraisals, compensation and benefits, employee and labor relations, and OSHA regulations. The course will include solving case studies, and students will design presentations and conduct Human Resource activities.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This is a three-credit course that meets three times a week. This course includes human resource planning, recruiting, training, compensating, and communicating strategies.|
|TOPICS:||Destination Geography, Travel Projects, Ground/Air Travel, Culture|
|OBJECTIVES:||Students will be able to:
1. Understand the basic principles of supervision.
2. Understand the basic organization structure of business.
3. Write a job description and specification.
4. Understand methods to use in recruiting and matching people with jobs.
5. conduct a selection and evaluation interview.
6. Have insight into training programs and techniques.
7. Understanding basic methods for motivating employees and the importance of communication int he work environment.
8. Understand the difference between the leader and the manager.
9. Communicate through clear, concise written and oral communication.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|