|CLASS CODE:||AGBUS 398||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||Internship is structured and supervised to insure a variety of experiences pertaining to the agricultural industry. The internship is a four to twelve week occupational experience in the agricultural industry integrated with academic instruction.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Internship is structured and supervised to insure a variety of experiences pertaining to the agricultural industry. Four to twelve week occupational experience in Agricultural industry integrated with academic instruction..|
|TOPICS:||* Self evaluation and interest exploration.
* Human relations and yourself.
* Conducting a job search.
* Job Market and internship hunting.
* Self Motivation and goal setting.
* Communicating with people.
* Getting along with co-workers and customers.
* Developing good work habits.
* Developing self-confidence and becoming a leader.
* Safety on the job.
* Managing your personal finances.
* Finding happiness and enhancing your personal life.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Student will be required to complete a four to twelve week occupational experience in the Agricultural industry. On the job learning reports, and supervisor evaluations must be completed and turned into intern advisor.|
|PREREQUISITES:||Consent of instructor.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|