|Agricultural Business Management|
|CLASS CODE:||AGBUS 450||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||The application of approved practices, concepts, principles and tools of management in an agricultural business. Emphasizes planning, organizing, directing and controlling various elements of a business, including accounting, personnel management, human relations, production, finance and appraisal.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This class in intended to offer an up to date analysis of tools and concepts that a modern agricultural enterprise manager should possess if they are to compete effectively in todays fast paced, high tech and high risk industry of agricultural production and/or service sector. Course work and/or experience in computers, accounting, human resource management, marketing, machinery and other agronomic/animal science classes will have much the advantage.|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Identify and use proper management techniques.
2. Use economic principles to make better decisions.
3. Know and use proper financial tools to make better decisions.
4. Know how to establish economic and market value property.
5. Know the various types of farm business organizations.
6. Assemble a total program for a farm/ranch/other ag entity to operate on for one year.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|