|Women's Health Issues|
|CLASS CODE:||HS 131W||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - Basic Skills requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||Introduction to women's issues. A multi-disciplinary study of women's emotional and physical issues in today's society, including health care, identifying groups at risk, and learning to maintain a healthy life style.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Introduction to women's issues. A multi-disciplinary study of women's emotional and physical issues in today's society, including health care, identifying groups at risk, and learning to maintain a healthy life style.|
|TOPICS:||The class is divided into three areas:
1. Emotional health and well being.
2. Maintaining a healthy life-style
(Fitness and nutrition)
3. Physical health (the female body)
|OBJECTIVES:||This course has been designed to offer the women of BYUI with a multidisciplinary view of Women's contemporary health issues including the ability to do the following:
1. Identify types of emotional and physical health care available for Women's needs.
2. Identify individuals and groups at risk for various emotional and physical problems.
3. Gain specific strategies for maintaining a fit and healthy life-style emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Class attendance is required.
Assignments will be given each class period.
The class has two options:
1. That you participate in a fitness program 3 - 4 days a week for 12 weeks OR
2. That you write 4 reviews on research articles.
There will be three test throughout the semester.
|PREREQUISITES:||You must be a WOMAN!!!!!!!|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2000|