|Fitness for Living|
|FIT FOR LIFE|
|CLASS CODE:||PE 177||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - Basic Skills requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To teach students to prepare a personal fitness program including nutrition, strength and flexibility.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This class is for students of all abilities. Lectures will be given on preparing a fitness program, aerobic exercises, nutrition, stress, and strength and flexibility programs. All students must fulfill an eight-week personalized fitness contract consisting of at least four exercise sessions a week.|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Develop a higher respect for human body and commit to healthy lifestyle.
2. Learn how to plan a personalized fitness program.
3. Raise level of endurance and cardiovascular conditioning.
4. Improve strength level, flexibility, and relieve stress.
5. Learn about proper nutrition to eat and feel better.
6. Learn a proper weight reduction and maintenance program.
7. Increase self-esteem through self-improvement activities.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Nutritional Analysis
2. Fitness and Strength Appraisals
3. Cardiovascular contracts
4. Exercise Sessions
5. 5 Chapter Tests - optional per instructor
6. Run/bike/walk at beginning and end of semester
7. Attendance and participation
8. Turn in weekly logs
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|