|CLASS CODE:||PE 119||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - Basic Skills requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To teach fundamentals of advanced racquetball. Students must provide their own goggles.|
|DESCRIPTION:||An advanced course in the game of racquetball providing instruction in advanced skills and strategies.|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. To provide advanced instruction and skill development in techniques and strategies.
2. To provide a consistently higher level of competition than is found in intermediate racquetball classes.
3. To learn social etiquette in competitive settings and positive interaction.
4. Develop emotional control to stay calm and efficient while competing.
5. Develop knowledge of rules and terminology of the game.
6. Develop physical skills to be able to enjoy racquetball as a lifetime activity providing cardiovascular benefits.
7. Develop skills to teach different shots, rebounds, serves, and strokes.
8. Ability to organize a tournament.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Ability to organize a tournament.
2. Exhibit knowledge and skill of rules and fundamentals of racquetball. Attend class and participate.
4. BYU-I clothing required.
5. Student must provide and wear racquetball goggles.
|PREREQUISITES:||1. Must have knowledge of strategies, and fundamentals of racquetball and have ability to play at advanced level.
2. Student will furnish and wear racquetball goggles while playing racquetball.
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
4. May be repeated one time for credit.
6. Students must provide their own goggles.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|