|CLASS CODE:||PE 123||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $4.00|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - Basic Skills requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To teach the basic fundamentals of badminton|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course is designed to teach the basic fundamentals of badminton to a beginning student.|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Learn knowledge of all rules and fundamentals of badminton
2. Bring each student to a level of play which will make the game enjoyable
3. Emphasis is given to playing the game with different classmates.
4. Develop skills to teach rules and fundamentals of badminton.
5. Develop sportsmanship
6. Improve cardiovascular endurance
7. Learn to keep body health and ready to serve in a spiritual capacity
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Ability to organize a tournament
2. Exhibit knowledge and skill of all rules and fundamentals of badminton
3. Attend class and participate.
4. BYU-I clothing required.
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade is available with less than four absences.
4. May be repeated one time for credit.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|