|CLASS CODE:||PE 133||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - Basic Skills requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||To teach basic skills and fundamentals of tennis.
Locker fees required for winter semester.
|DESCRIPTION:||To familiarize student with stance, rules, fundamentals, terminology and basic skills of the game of tennis, which is a lifetime activity. Tennis is taught to give students a wholesome, vigorous activity.|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Student will learn how to play, score, follow instructions, and use strategy.
2. Be able to exercise enough to get a cardiovascular work-out and to relieve stress
3. Student will develop skill to progress to next skill level.
4. Knowledge of terminology, rules, safety practices and correct fundamentals of tennis
5. Increase ability to get along with others and to cooperate with classmates
6. Play by rules and exhibit knowledge and skill of rules and fundamentals of tennis.
7. Develop spiritual strengths as students learn to respect and value their bodies
|REQUIREMENTS:||Must be a beginning tennis student.|
|OTHER:||No locker fees required for Winter and Summer Semesters.
Locker fees required for Winter semester.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|