|CLASS CODE:||PE 195||CREDITS: 1||FEE: $240|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT:||EXERCISE & SPORTS SCIENCE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course fulfills a General Education - Basic Skills requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||Participants of varying abilities are provided with skill level fundamentals.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Skiing for participants of varying abilities. Sections formed on basis of ability with instruction suited to varying skill levels in fundamentals of skiing. Instruction will be provided in alpine and telemarking provided in a safe and supervised environment.|
|OBJECTIVES:||The purpose of this program is to teach the student a lifetime sport that will provide learning opportunities in other areas as well. The student will:
1. Learn patience and control while performing or competing
2. Form a support group with common interests.
3. Mentally learn correct fundamentals, courtesy, and motor learning.
4. Physically get a cardiovascular workout and discover an activity for a lifetime.
5. Learn natural laws and consequences
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Skiers will participate in one of seven skill level groups and attend five classes.
2. Skiers will ride bus.
3. Skiers will be offered ten class times - six being mandatory for a pass grade.
4. Skiers will follow safety rules on bus, at ski lifts and on ski hills.
5. Skiers will provide their own insurance.
|OTHER:||1. Two unexcused absences allowed.
2. Four or more absences will result in automatic failure.
3. Pass/Fail grade.
4. May be repeated one time for credit.
5. Ski fee varies according to transportation and left pass fee.
6. Skis and boots can be rented at resort for $25 fee.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2004|