|Steering, Suspension, and Brakes|
|CLASS CODE:||AUTO 155||CREDITS: 4|
|DIVISION:||PHYSICAL SCIENCE & ENGINEERING|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||Steering geometry and alignment, suspension service, brake diagnosis, service and repair. Students must also register for an Auto 155L lab.|
|TOPICS:||The course consists of the diagnosis and repair of: automotive and light truck brake systems, steering systems, and vehicle wheel alignment.|
|OBJECTIVES:||Students will learn and be tested for4 their comprehension of:
1) Brake system operation,including hydraulics.
2) Both drum and disc brake operation,diagnosis,
and repair of these systems.
3) Wheels, tires, and wheel bearing service
4) Machining brake drums and rotors.
5) Brake assist mechanisms.
6) Anti-lock brakes operation and service.
7) Steering systems operation and repair.
8) Suspensions, their purpose and service.
9) Wheel alignment.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Concurrent enrollment in Auto 155L. A basic set of hand tools is required for Auto 155L.|
|OTHER:||Attendance is vital since new information is given every day that class is held.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 1992|