|CLASS CODE:||AUTO 235||CREDITS: 5|
|DIVISION:||PHYSICAL SCIENCE & ENGINEERING|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||Diagnosis and repair of the automobile ignition system, fuel system, design and service of emission systems and fundamentals of fuel injection. Students must also register for an Auto 235L lab.|
|TOPICS:||Students will learn about many of the fuel injection, ignition, and emission systems that are found on today's vehicles. Some carburetion will be included in this class.|
|OBJECTIVES:||Students will learn and be tested for their comprehension of:
1) Four cycle engine operation.
2) Engine condition testings.
3) Fundamentals of Ohms Law and basic electricty
4) Distributor and electronic (distributorless)
ignition type systems, their operation and
5) Fuel systems, with an emphasis on fuel
injection and electronic engine management
6) Emission controls, their purpose, operation,
7) Engine cooling and lubrication systems,
purpose, and troubleshooting procedures.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Concurrent enrollment of Auto 235L and a set of hand tools.|
|OTHER:||Attendance is critical since new information is given every day that class is held.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 1998|