|Engine Performance Lab|
|ENG PERF LAB|
|CLASS CODE:||AUTO 235L||CREDITS: 0|
|DIVISION:||PHYSICAL SCIENCE & ENGINEERING|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||The laboratory experience that compliments Auto 235. Service and diagnosis of automotive fuel, ignition, and emissions systems and how each system effects vehicle performance and driveability will be the major emphasis of this class.|
|TOPICS:||Students will learn how to troubleshoot and service fuel injection, ignition, and emission systems. Students will also be responsible for the ordering and billing of parts as well as coordinating repair work with customers.|
|OBJECTIVES:||Students will be observed objectively for their skills and ability to:
1) Perform engine condition tests.
2) Make valve train adjustments.
3) Use electrical principles and test equipment
to diagnose engine operating systems.
4) Troubleshoot and service both distributor and
distributorless ignition systems.
5) Diagnosis and repair fuel systems.
6) Troubleshoot and repair electronic engine
7) Verify emission control system component
operation and make needed repairs if
8) Service and diagnose engine cooling and
|REQUIREMENTS:||Concurrent enrollment of Auto 235 and a set of hand tools.|
|OTHER:||A cooperative personality is necessary so that repair projects can be coordinated with customers. Attendance is crucial since this is a work experience type of class.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 1998|