|Biblical Hebrew II|
|HEBREW LANG II|
|CLASS CODE:||HEB 102||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||LANGUAGE & LETTERS|
|DEPARTMENT:||FOREIGN LANGUAGE & LITERATURE|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|CATALOG DESCRIPTION:||The study of Biblical Hebrew through reading and translating various chapters from the Hebrew Bible. This course assumes some knowledge of the Hebrew language.|
|DESCRIPTION:||The study of Biblical Hebrew through reading and translating various chapters from the Hebrew Bible. This course assumes some knowledge of the Hebrew language.|
1. Biblia Hebraica Stutragrentsia
2. Davidsonís Introduction to Hebrew Grammar
3. A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament
4. Biblical Hebrew Workbook: An Inductive Study for Beginners
|OBJECTIVES:||The student should be able to use the lexicons and grammars to successfully translate portions of the Hebrew Bible.
1. In class reading and translating portions of the Hebrew Bible (50% of the grade).
2. Written tests over translations covered in class (50 % of the grade).
|PREREQUISITES:||Hebrew 101 or equivalent|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2002|