|Electrical Circuit Analysis|
|CLASS CODE:||COMPE 250||CREDITS: 5|
|DIVISION:||PHYSICAL SCIENCE & ENGINEERING|
|DEPARTMENT:||ELECTRICAL & COMPUTER ENGINEERING|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Analysis and design of DC and AC circuits. Steady state, and time and frequency domain analysis. Transient analysis with differential equations. Extensive laboratory exercises are included.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Resistive Circuits, Network Theorems, Inductance and Capcitance, RLC Circuits, Transformers, Power, LaPlace Transforms.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Analyze steady state RLC circuits using network theorems;
2. Analyze transient response of RLC circuits using differential equations and LapLace transforms;
3. Design RLC circuits that realize a specified transfer function;
4. Construct RLC circuits and observe their operation using basic laboratory instruments;
5. Use CAE software to simulate RLC cirsuit behavior.
6. Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and computer fundamentals.
7. Design and conduct experiments, analyzing and interpreting data.
8. Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
9. Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
10. Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2002|