|Microprocessors & Microcontrollers|
|CLASS CODE:||COMPE 360||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||PHYSICAL SCIENCE & ENGINEERING|
|DEPARTMENT:||ELECTRICAL & COMPUTER ENGINEERING|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Applications, architecture, programming and interfacing of commercial microprocessors and microcontrollers. Laboratory exercised are included.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Microprocessor architecture and operation. Direct memory access, interrupts, and interfacing to memory and I/O (including programmable ports).|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and computer fundamentals.
2. Write, execute, and debug assembly language programs.
3. Show the architecture and uses of internal registers, flags, memory organization, and stacks.
4. Explain the role of hardware components and interfaces (memory, I/O, interrups, bus cylces, etc.) to overall micro-computer system operation.
5. Design and conduct experiments, analyzing and interpreting data.
6. Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
7. Apply knowledge of microprocessors and microcontrollers to practical applications.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|