|Senior Project I|
|CLASS CODE:||COMPE 499||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||PHYSICAL SCIENCE & ENGINEERING|
|DEPARTMENT:||ELECTRICAL & COMPUTER ENGINEERING|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Culminating design experience based on skills learned in advanced technical courses. Students work in teams to plan, design, test, and demonstrate a major project.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Product development, project management|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Design and conduct experiments analyzing and interpreting data.
2. Test a design to determine if it meets required physical, operational, and storage requirements.
3. Design a system, component, or process to meet desired need.
4. Test a design to determine whether it meets required physical, operational, and storage specifications.
5. Complete a significant design that draws upon the knowledge and skills gained in prerequisite courses.
6. Function on multi-disciplinary teams.
7. Work on a team with engineers, technicians, and support personnel.
8. Assign and accept responsibilities on a team.
9. Establish and follow ground rules governing team behavior.
10. Define, understand, and participate in the team decision-making process.
11. Understand and value the different skill sets each team member brings to the project.
12. Demonstrate professional ethics.
13. Communicate effectively.
14. Produce and maintain documentation of the design process;
15. Give oral presentations describing the technical design and its progress during design reviews.
16. Produce written technical reports describing a design.
17. Recognize the need for and engage in lifelong learning.
18. Use resources, such as the library and the internet, to learn about recent developments in a particular technical field.
19. Know contemporary issues.
|PREREQUISITES:||CompE 440, CompE 460, CompE 470|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2006|