|Visualization in Engineering Design Lab|
|VIS ENGR LAB|
|CLASS CODE:||ME 172L||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||PHYSICAL SCIENCE & ENGINEERING|
|DEPARTMENT:||MECHANICAL ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Computer-aided design lab for ME 172.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter, Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Instruction in computer-aided design tools with application to mechanical engineering design.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||The student will:
1. Demonstrate fundamental skills in free-hand sketching and computer-assisted model construction.
2. Become proficient with the use of computer-aided design (cad) tools in the following areas: Geometry construction, orthographic projection, auxiliary views, sectional views, pictorial view drawings, threads and fasteners, descriptive geometry, dimensioning, dimensional tolerances, geometric dimensioning and tolerances, and working drawing sets.
3. Become experienced in the use of drafting instruments and materials.
4. Develop an understanding of drafting fundamentals in the areas of: geometric construction, othrographic projection, auxiliary views, sectional views, fasteners, dimensioning, and tolerancing.
5. Develop practical applications of the design process and fundamentals in graphic communication.
6. Become experienced in making sketches, interpreting blueprints, and drafting working drawings acording to national and international standards.
|PREREQUISITES:||Concurrent enrollment in ME 172|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2004|