|Automated Welding Processes|
|AUTO WELD PROC|
|CLASS CODE:||WELD 256||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||PHYSICAL SCIENCE & ENGINEERING|
|DEPARTMENT:||MECHANICAL ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Analysis and application advanced automated joining process used in the manufacturing industry. The process includes application of CAD, cutting systems, robotics, tooling and product development and manufacturing.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||- Grasping the vision
- Manufacturing systems
- From concept to production
- Cutting systems
- Submerged arc welding
- Economics of production
- Survey of advanced processes
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||The student will:
1. On an individual basis or on teams will design, draw and manufacture a product of their choosing using a CAD system, programmable shape cutter, secondary processes (bending, punching, etc.) and welded on the robot.
2. Develop proficiency on the shape cutter and robot.
3. Gain a knowledge of advanced joining processes.
4. Develop safe and consistent work habits.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Tape measure, welding hood, welding gloves, proper work clothing, note book, a lock for the lockers, a commitment to show up and follow through.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 1995|