|Modern Dance, Beginning|
|MOD DANCE BEG|
|CLASS CODE:||DANCE 140||CREDITS: 1|
|DIVISION:||PERFORMING AND VISUAL ARTS|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||The course is designed to give the student experience in movement emphasizing locomotor skills, movement progressions, and dance techniques in ballet, modern, and jazz.
|TAUGHT:||Winter, Summer, Fall|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1.Understand the elements of dance through the technical exploration of ballet, modern, and jazz dance.
2. Experience locomotor skills and progressions and combining them with axial movement combinations.
3. Increase the technical ability of each student , specifically in strength, endurance, flexibility and alignment.
4. Develop an understanding of awareness of body alignment, coordination and balance.
5. Develop an appreciation for dance as an art form.
6. Learn to enjoy movement and to become more aware of and appreciative of the body.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Class attendance and participation is required. Practical and written evaluations and final exam.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 1989|