|TECH IN ECSE|
|CLASS CODE:||ECSE 250||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course is designed to extend basic technology skills into classroom application. It will introduce students to a variety of equipment and devices that are used to enhance the functional skills of children with disabilities in the areas of communication, position, mobility, and activities.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter, Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Teaching Methods:
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Identify the parts of a computer.
2. Determine the configuration (operating system, disk space, memory) of a computer.
3. Discuss and explain copyright issues and trends.
4. Evaluate a piece of education software.
5. Write lesson plans that integrate technology in classroom practice.
6. Implement a variety of tools (i.e., word processor, spreadsheet, electronic presentations, graphics, Internet, etc.) into classroom instruction.
7. Perform basic functions in a variety of productivity tools (i.e., word processor, spreadsheet, electronic presentations, graphic, Internet, etc.)
8. Create accessible learning through use of assistive technology.
9. Advocate true technology integration in the classroom.
10. Pass the ITPA (Idaho Technology Performance Assessment) Exam.
Multiple Choice Final
|PREREQUISITES:||ECSE 100, CHILD 210|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|