|Student Teaching Preschool|
|ST TCH PRE SCH|
|CLASS CODE:||ECSE 490||CREDITS: 7|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||One of three student teaching experiences for students enrolled in the ECSE Teacher Licensure Program. Students will receive practical, hands-on experience in classroom management, instructional design and delivery, and educational assessment while working in a preschool setting. Weekly seminars will serve as the forum in which students teachers can address challenges and concerns while sharing experiences, expertise, and successes.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter, Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Teaching Methods:
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Carry-out and participate in the multi-disciplinary and non-discriminatory evaluation process of young children.
2. Design and implement lesson plans, IFSP/IEP goals and objectives, and individualized instruction.
3. Make accommodation and provide effective intervention services with accompanying documentation as an agent for change.
4. Demonstrate effective collaboration with professionals/parents by meeting the needs/outcomes through another and by helping another meet needs from his/her perspective/sought outcomes.
5. Design effective age-appropriate activities and curriculum for daily early grade school routines to meet individual needs of preschool children.
6. Know state Preschool Standard.
|PREREQUISITES:||ECSE major; must have completed 75 credits; concurrent enrollment in ECSE 410; consent of instructor.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|