|P.E. Curriculum and Methods|
|PE CURR & METH|
|CLASS CODE:||ELED 370||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course is designed to provide the future teacher with both the curricular knowledge and the pedagogical skills necessary to teach physical education in the schools.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter, Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Teaching Methods:
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Demonstrate curricular knowledge and pedagogical skills necessary to teach physical education in the schools.
2. Develop an awareness of the current issues, research, and curriculum related to physical education.
3. Demonstrate understanding of different phases of children's physical development by developing lesson plans with activities appropriate for different age groups.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of the essential elements of instruction through application and transfer of such knowledge into the physical education setting.
5. Demonstrate poise and confidence while teaching the four parts of a physical education lesson and identify objectives for each.
6. Demonstrate ability to write clear and complete lesson objectives.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|